Pre-Care is important to get the skin at optimal condition for color deposit and prevention of excessive bleeding”
HERE’S HOW TO GET THE PERFECT BROWS
To achieve the brows of your dreams takes commitment on your end. You will get the absolute best results by prepping for the appointment and following after care instructions given by your artist. The goal is to have healthy, non-sensitive, non-irritated skin so that the brows can heal gracefully!
1 MONTH BEFORE:
- No Isoltretinoin, or other retinoids on your eyebrow area (these treatments can cause the skin to be thinner)
- No Botox or any fillers around your forehead, at least 4 weeks prior (can disturb symmetry)
2 WEEKS BEFORE:
- No Intense Facial treatments such as chemical peels, dermabrasion, and micro needling around your eyebrow area. This will cause skin cells to rejuvenate faster resulting in skin irritation. Please schedule these treatments 2-3 weeks before scheduling microblade session or 10 days after.
- No Tanning on the face or around your eyebrows (bed and natural sun exposure)
- No Waxing, Tinting or Electrolysis, the more hair we have, the better!
24 HOURS BEFORE:
- No blood thinners, less bleeding equals more color retention
- No Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen (blood thinner)
- No Caffeine (Coffee, Energy Drinks, Tea too!)
- No Alcohol (blood thinner)
- No Vitamin E or Fish Oil Supplements (blood thinner)
- No Excessive Sweating right before your appointment
- Shower the day of your appointment, before session or the night before, to make your after care a lot easier
After care is the last piece in treatment success. Please make sure to follow all the given advice. Failure to follow can risk losing up to 80% of the drawn strokes.“
IMMEDIATELY AFTER SESSION:
You will be provided an aftercare pack to take home and help guide you in a successful healing process. Please follow instructions and use products as needed for your 8-10 days healing process.
Healing may vary for everyone but 8-10 days minimum is recommended for best results. Any questions, please reach out.
DAY AFTER TILL ABOUT 8 DAYS AFTER:
You brows will darken by 30% (very similar to having makeup on them). The second day is the darkest day, after that you will notice how they start to get lighter. Some people experience light flaking for a couple of days but you won’t have thick scabbing with these techniques. Don’t be alarmed about the color, this is completely normal.
APPROXIMATELY 10 TO 14 DAYS AFTER:
The color may also lighten by around day 10 which you may think they have disappeared completely or in pockets. Trust the process! Our skin has a tendency to create a clear layer of skin as it is healing and your new skin will prevent the strokes from being visible. Please be assured that as your skin cells naturally regenerate, the color will come back around the 2-3 weeks mark and continue to clarify throughout the first 6-8 weeks. Be patient and kind to your skin as it does its job during this important phase!
This is why a touch up is recommended around 6-8 weeks after initial session
AFTER CARE 10 DAYS EXPLAINED:
DAY 1. This is the same day of your appointment. Before you leave the studio, your eyebrows will be sealed with a healing ointment. In a few hours, gently wipe your eyebrows 2 to 4 times, using the Golden Brows Care Pads provided on your after care kit. After the second wipe, apply a thin layer of ointment.
DAY 2-5. Clean your eyebrows, everyday, 2 to 3 times a day, morning and night, using a baby wipe or a cotton pad and clean water. Apply a thin layer of aftercare ointment after cleaning
Oily Skin Clean 2-3 times a day if you feel your skin is getting oily in the middle of the day.
Dry to Normal Skin: Only clean 2 times a day and reapply extra ointment a third time if feeling extra tight or itchy
Apply in patting motion, don’t rub or massage in circular motion.
Make sure to clean brows with alcohol-free, fragrance-free baby wipes BEFORE applying new layer of ointment. Avoid makeup remover wipes, as these can remove pigment.
DAY 6-9. Your eyebrows may start to feel dry, is a similar sensation as to having chapped lips. Softly pad your eyebrows (no more wiping) using a baby wipe or a damp cotton pad and apply a fine layer of ointment 2-3 times a day. If they start to itch or flake, reapply ointment as needed. Don’t pick! Don’t scratch!
DAY 10. Your eyebrows may have completely peeled off and look light, you will eventually see how the color comes back. Now you can go back to your normal routine 🙂
DAY 1 – 10 RECOMMENDATIONS FOR BEST HEALED RESULTS:
Use a fresh pillow case, preferably satin and try to avoid sleeping on your side for the first 10 days. Your pillow may rub the tail of your brow and scrap the scabs which will result in loss of deposited pigment
No sweating or excessive exercise for 7-10 days
Quick showers, no steam and wash from the back! the visors provided will help.
Avoid topical makeup and sunscreen on the brow area for 10 days
No facials, botox, chemical peels or microdermabrasion for 2 weeks
- No major sun exposure or tanning for 2 weeks